I have a coworker named Stephanie, who has turned into one of my very good friends. When I needed help transitioning into my new job and had a ton of questions, she was happy to answer them. When I started my blog and Instagram, she was one of the first to subscribe and like every single post. When my dad was having health issues, she was there to offer support.
When I found out JORD Wood Watches now does watch engraving, I jumped right on it. After my original JORD Wood Watch post a few months back, Stephanie always commented on how much she loved my watch. I figured, this is the perfect gift to give to thank her for all that she has done for me this past year! The wood engraving that JORD does is great. You can get it on the back plate ($35.00) or the side of the cedar wood presentation box that the watch comes in ($45.00). There are two engraving styles – block and script. It takes up to 7 business days for your watch to be ready to ship after the engraving, so make sure you order early for the holidays! This is not a last minute gift. However, it actually only took about 4 days for my watch to ship.
When it came time to pick a watch for Stephanie, I picked the Frankie 35. Why? Because she loves rose gold and has casually mentioned that the face on my watch is too big for her. Also, I love my Frankie watch. It’s lightweight and really unique because of the wood band. I decided to have Stephanie’s name engraved on the back of the watch. I mean, who hates having their name on something? NO ONE!
I got the watch in the mail and had to open it to make sure that everything was in tip top shape. I was incredibly jealous to see that JORD had updated their presentation boxes. The watch now comes with a magnetic top (instead of the sliding top), a drawer on the bottom to hold supplies, an oil pen for the wood band, and a cloth to clean the watch. WOW! If Stephanie’s name wasn’t engraved on the watch, I may have kept it for myself!!!
It’s the perfect engraved gift! Lucky for my readers, I am working with JORD Wood Watches again this holiday season. Sign up and you will instantly receive a $25 e-giftcard to use towards the purchase of one of their watches or services like engraving. I am already thinking of purchasing a few for my close friends and maybe even a new one for myself!
*This post was brought to you in collaboration with JORD Wood Watches. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!*
It seems like a lot of websites and stores are extending their Black Friday deals until Sunday. I am here to let you know what you can still get a great deal on this weekend, especially if you are like me and didn’t want to brave through the crowds at the malls.
- Nordstrom: They’re having a Designer Sale (up to 40% off), additional markdown on sale items, and new items on sale! Those brown Dolce Vita booties I wore in my last style post? Those are now under $100!!! No code necessary for the additional markdowns.
- Madewell: 25% off with code THATSALE on your entire purchase until Sunday! There are a few restrictions like the Transport tote bag I love, but for the most part, you can get 25% off. For example, my new favorite muscle tank from there? Select colors are on sale AND there’s the additional 25% off. The Billie Bootie that I have been wearing in a few of my style posts? Those are on sale too and under $180. Want the perfect flannel? It’s 25% off. My wallet is going to kill me! Must.Resist.
- Anthropologie: They’re doing a 30% off with code LETSGO for Black Friday. Not sure if this will be extended through Sunday. Looks like it is seeing as it’s still up on today. I love the dresses they have here. I mean c’mon, they have a “Dress Shop,” that’s reason enough to take a look at the extensive selection! They also have a wonderful House and Home area. Look at this cute cat mug I got recently for work!
- Sigma Beauty: They’re having 25% off and free worldwide shipping with code BLACKFRIDAY25. This may not be active for the weekend, so we will find out. If not, then I’m sure they will be doing something for Cyber Monday. I purchased the Spa Brush Cleaning Mat which I have heard a lot about on the beauty blogs. I try to clean my brushes at least once a month so this will hopefully make me do it a bit more often.
- JORD Wood Watches: They just extended their Black Friday Sale until Saturday at 11:59pm. Depending on the style of the watch you want, it’s 10-35% off. Unfortunately the Frankie that I have is completely sold out, but there’s the Frankie 35 that I just gifted and it’s the smaller version. Definitely stop by and take a look. I also have a link where you can sign up and get a $25 e-giftcard to use towards your purchase. Just click here! I absolutely love my JORD watch. It’s super light weight and I always get compliments on it each time I wear it.
- Erin Condren: Every year I buy a new planner. I prefer writing things down for my personal schedule and I love crossing things off. Last year I got a Emily Ley simplified planner because of the hourly time slots and the beautiful design. However, I found it too fragile for my everyday use. I put it in its own special bag and carried it around. The past few years before that I had an Erin Condren life planner. I felt it was better for throwing around and not worrying about ruining it. For 2017 I went back to it but tried the horizontal layout instead. It’s still in the box it was shipped in, sealed and all. I was thinking of doing a review on the planner. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in…..
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and holiday weekend! I can’t wait to see what deals everyone scored on Black Friday!
I have been super busy at work. One of my colleagues left for bigger and better things, which means I get to take over her old program. It has turned out to be quite fun since I like to be busy. Work hours pass by very quickly, but that also means that when I get home I just want to sit on the couch and watch tv. So, I have pledged $25 at my local Orangetheory Fitness to NOT gain weight this holiday season. If I gain weight, I donate the $25 to the local Alzheimer’s Association. Since my father has dementia, this obviously means a lot to me. They weighed me last week, which was a horrible experience. I hope I can exercise, eat somewhat health, and at least maintain my current weight. If you have any tips or want to workout with me, let me know!!!
I love this BP.Nordstrom green utility jacket. I have had it for a few years and in 2 other colors (navy and grey). I even bought it for my mom and sister, I loved it so much! It’s thin enough that I can wear it in LA’s warm weather and perfect for layering if it ever gets cold here. It’s perfect for that weekend casual look. I purchased the Dolce Vita booties when I was in Utah for work on sale, and now they’re on sale again! Lucky you! They’re incredibly comfortable right out of the box and I don’t have any tan booties, so I figured why not? There are a ton of good reviews on the website as well. If you’re looking for a new pair, you should definitely try these!
It’s Thanksgiving week which means that I only have to work 3 days. I can’t freaking wait! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, eats a ton of food, gets some great deals on Black Friday, and spends time with their loved one.
Until next time….
Outfit details – Jacket: BP. Nordstrom (similar) | Tank: Madewell (on sale!) | Jeans: CurrentElliot | Booties: Dolce Vita (on sale!) | Handbag: Madewell | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban