If you have been reading my blog, you know that I love skincare. I am always open to trying new products, especially as I have gotten older. A few months ago, I saw that there was a new skincare line being carried exclusively at my favorite clothing store, Anthropologie. I made a mental note to try a few of the products, but I was super excited when I was actually contacted by Puristry to review a few of their products.
A little background on the skincare brand. Susie Wang (I like her name), the founder of 100% Pure collaborated with Anthropologie to create this 6 piece skincare line. It is made with USDA-certified organic ingredients which include wild botanicals, hydrating oils and antioxident-rich berries. I love the packaging. The glass bottles are simple but luxurious – just like the products. The best part is that the products are cruelty free, have no artificial fragrances, sulfates, parabens, amongst a ton of other toxins. Read on for my review on 2 products from the line.
Vine Therapy Serum | Anthropologie $65: Grape seeds are used for anti-aging in this serum along with collagen-boosting algae. What I like about this serum is that it isn’t too heavy, especially for the hot summer nights. It’s light but definitely hydrating. My favorite part is the smell. It reminds me of a luxurious day at the spa. As soon as I put this on, I can see a nice glow on my face. This has become one of my favorite things to put on at night before heading to bed.
Yerba Mate Eye Cream | Anthropologie $48: This eye cream is exactly what it says in the name, it’s creamy. Put a pea size pump onto my ring fingers and dab away at my under eyes. The yerba mate is caffeine-rich and will help with circulation around the eyes. What you will get is a vibrant and awake under eye. I tried other eye creams and I really like this one. I could definitely see a difference after a few days of using this product.
Overall, I love how this line uses pure ingredients along with chemistry to give great results. You can tell that a lot of thought and care went into these products to make sure that the best organic ingredients were used. I will be getting a few more items to try and adding them to my regular skincare routine. Definitely give the brand a try the next time you’re in Anthropologie. Your skin will thank you!
*Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog.*
It’s one of the most wonderful times of year! Did you know that Nordstrom sells more during this event than during the holidays? That’s insane! This year I was a bit more wise about what I spent my money on. It could be because I’m older, wiser, and have other bills to pay for. I was really looking for some trendy items that I didn’t want to spend full price on. Ready to see what I bought? Let’s get started….
- Asics Gel-Nimbus 19 Running Shoe | Nordstrom $119.90/after sale $159.95: Since I have been doing Orangetheory Fitness a few times a week, I have been having to replace my shoes every year or so. My current shoes are starting to loose the cushion so I figured this was a great time to buy some new ones. I love the color and Asics are great shoes. I have flat feet so I need a bit more support and these seem to do that. Can’t wait to try these on the treadmill!
- PUMA Leadcat Logo Slide Sandal | Nordstrom $25.90/after sale $39.95: I have been eyeing shoes like these for awhile. It’s been a huge trend. I would LOVE to get the GUCCI ones but adulting means making difficult choices. I do not NEED the Gucci ones. These black slides fit the bill and will get me to Soulcycle classes and back (which is exactly what I will be using them for). They run big – I am usually a 9/9.5 and got these in 8.5. FYI – they only run in half sizes.
- HALOGEN Button Back Ruffle Hem Dress | Nordstrom $64.90/after sale $99.00: Floral is such a huge trend right now. I have been looking for floral dress to possibly wear to a wedding in September. This might be it! The back button detail is adorable and I like the print. Pair this with some nude heels and I will be good to go! This runs tts.
- Current/Elliot The Stiletto High Waist Skinny Jeans | Nordstrom $131.90/after sale $218.00: I love high waisted jeans and I love ‘The Stiletto‘ style from Current/Elliot so this was almost a no brainer. The bottom has the step hem which is a trend I have been wanting to try. Can’t wait to wear these the rest of summer!
- Tory Burch Claire Ballerina Flat | Nordstrom $164.90/after sale $258.00-268.00: I’m always on the lookout for some good work flats. Gold is one of my favorite colors and TB flats are usually pretty good for my feet. Staple!
- Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head Set | Nordstrom $74.00/after sale $81.00: If you don’t own a Clarisonic, where have you been? It’ll break your skin out like a mofo in the beginning but after that, it’ll be smooth and clear. These brush head refills are expensive, so why not get them on sale?
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection | Nordstrom $115.00/beauty exclusive (brought in for the event): I love using a fragrance but I never finish them. The bottles are just way too big and I don’t spray enough. These little bottles are perfect and I get to try a few new scents that I haven’t tried before. This brand’s cologne’s are one of the only ones that don’t smell musky on me. A lot of the higher end fragrances have so many notes in them that they clash on me. These smell sweet and fresh!
Hope you enjoyed my list of purchases. Did you find anything at the Anniversary Sale that I need? TELL ME!!! Sale ends in a few weeks. Get shopping (with a Nordstrom card, of course!)!
I have a confession to make. I have an obsession with palettes…eyeshadow palettes to be specific. I must have at least 6 of these by now. What do I need 6 palettes for? How many eyes do I have? Confessions of a cosmetics junkie. Makeup palettes are just so darn pretty – it’s hard to pass up. I have the first 3 Urban Decay Naked Palettes (I LOVE the Naked2 Palette. If you’re ever going to try one, this is the one to get hands down), 2 Charlotte Tilbury ones, 1 Bobbi Brown one and now….this wonderful, beautiful tarte one. In my defense, I travel a lot for work. Wouldn’t these be great for travel?
First of all, look at the swatches. They’re gorgeous! I am very into neutral tones in case you couldn’t tell. I like how this has a blend of matte and luster finishes. These eyeshadows are pretty pigmented and easily blend-able. As I was using my finger to swatch the colors, it was like touching butter! When I went to Sephora to purchase this palette, the associate ringing me up said “This is my current FAVORITE palette. The colors are beautiful.” Thank you Sephora employee for verifying my absolute NEED for this. ha!
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an eyeshadow palette that you will reach for every day, this is it. The price point isn’t too terrible either. Luckily, I had a $50 gift card that I received for my birthday back in May so all I had to pay was 3 pennies. Yes, $0.03. What a steal!
tarte Tartlette in Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette | Sephora $46