If you have been reading my blog, you know that I love skincare. I am always open to trying new products, especially as I have gotten older. A few months ago, I saw that there was a new skincare line being carried exclusively at my favorite clothing store, Anthropologie. I made a mental note to try a few of the products, but I was super excited when I was actually contacted by Puristry to review a few of their products.
A little background on the skincare brand. Susie Wang (I like her name), the founder of 100% Pure collaborated with Anthropologie to create this 6 piece skincare line. It is made with USDA-certified organic ingredients which include wild botanicals, hydrating oils and antioxident-rich berries. I love the packaging. The glass bottles are simple but luxurious – just like the products. The best part is that the products are cruelty free, have no artificial fragrances, sulfates, parabens, amongst a ton of other toxins. Read on for my review on 2 products from the line.
Vine Therapy Serum | Anthropologie $65: Grape seeds are used for anti-aging in this serum along with collagen-boosting algae. What I like about this serum is that it isn’t too heavy, especially for the hot summer nights. It’s light but definitely hydrating. My favorite part is the smell. It reminds me of a luxurious day at the spa. As soon as I put this on, I can see a nice glow on my face. This has become one of my favorite things to put on at night before heading to bed.
Yerba Mate Eye Cream | Anthropologie $48: This eye cream is exactly what it says in the name, it’s creamy. Put a pea size pump onto my ring fingers and dab away at my under eyes. The yerba mate is caffeine-rich and will help with circulation around the eyes. What you will get is a vibrant and awake under eye. I tried other eye creams and I really like this one. I could definitely see a difference after a few days of using this product.
Overall, I love how this line uses pure ingredients along with chemistry to give great results. You can tell that a lot of thought and care went into these products to make sure that the best organic ingredients were used. I will be getting a few more items to try and adding them to my regular skincare routine. Definitely give the brand a try the next time you’re in Anthropologie. Your skin will thank you!
*Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog.*
Can you believe it? One year ago today I pressed “Publish” on my first post. One year has flown by so fast. It doesn’t feel like it’s been that long. That’s how you know I’ve been having fun with this thing. Yes, there are times when I don’t want to work on this (out of sheer laziness and sometimes life just gets in the way). But I have to say, at the end of the day…this is something I enjoy. Taking photos of beauty products, style photoshoots, and writing reviews is fun. Having people tell me that I inspired them to start their own blog, is fun. Having someone ask me for style/beauty advice because they saw my blog, is fun. Plus, it keeps me on my toes and makes me up to date with everything that is going on in the world of fashion and beauty. Without it, I would probably be a slob.
But enough about that milestone. Onto the style post!
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you know that it’s been raining non-stop here in Southern California. Well, the one day that it stopped (Saturday), you better believe I ran outside and started taking some photos. I’m wearing one of my favorite lip colors – MAC Rebel. It’s not a true red, but almost a purple/burgundy/red. Does that make sense? Anyway, it’s beautiful and I love it.
I got this turtleneck on sale at Anthropologie when they were having a super sale. It’s turned out to be one of those “I don’t know about you” purchases into a “I love you and I’m going to wear you as many times as I can!” purchases. I don’t have any turtlenecks and with the cold weather, it’s the best thing ever. Scarves are not needed when you have this on it’s so warm. Perfect for the weather we are having right now!
Outfit Details – Turtleneck: Anthropologie (on sale!) | Pants: CurrentElliot | Clutch: Gianni Chiarini | Booties: Rag&Bone (similiar) | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Watch: Michele (simliar) | Bracelet: David Yurman
It seems like a lot of websites and stores are extending their Black Friday deals until Sunday. I am here to let you know what you can still get a great deal on this weekend, especially if you are like me and didn’t want to brave through the crowds at the malls.
- Nordstrom: They’re having a Designer Sale (up to 40% off), additional markdown on sale items, and new items on sale! Those brown Dolce Vita booties I wore in my last style post? Those are now under $100!!! No code necessary for the additional markdowns.
- Madewell: 25% off with code THATSALE on your entire purchase until Sunday! There are a few restrictions like the Transport tote bag I love, but for the most part, you can get 25% off. For example, my new favorite muscle tank from there? Select colors are on sale AND there’s the additional 25% off. The Billie Bootie that I have been wearing in a few of my style posts? Those are on sale too and under $180. Want the perfect flannel? It’s 25% off. My wallet is going to kill me! Must.Resist.
- Anthropologie: They’re doing a 30% off with code LETSGO for Black Friday. Not sure if this will be extended through Sunday. Looks like it is seeing as it’s still up on today. I love the dresses they have here. I mean c’mon, they have a “Dress Shop,” that’s reason enough to take a look at the extensive selection! They also have a wonderful House and Home area. Look at this cute cat mug I got recently for work!
- Sigma Beauty: They’re having 25% off and free worldwide shipping with code BLACKFRIDAY25. This may not be active for the weekend, so we will find out. If not, then I’m sure they will be doing something for Cyber Monday. I purchased the Spa Brush Cleaning Mat which I have heard a lot about on the beauty blogs. I try to clean my brushes at least once a month so this will hopefully make me do it a bit more often.
- JORD Wood Watches: They just extended their Black Friday Sale until Saturday at 11:59pm. Depending on the style of the watch you want, it’s 10-35% off. Unfortunately the Frankie that I have is completely sold out, but there’s the Frankie 35 that I just gifted and it’s the smaller version. Definitely stop by and take a look. I also have a link where you can sign up and get a $25 e-giftcard to use towards your purchase. Just click here! I absolutely love my JORD watch. It’s super light weight and I always get compliments on it each time I wear it.
- Erin Condren: Every year I buy a new planner. I prefer writing things down for my personal schedule and I love crossing things off. Last year I got a Emily Ley simplified planner because of the hourly time slots and the beautiful design. However, I found it too fragile for my everyday use. I put it in its own special bag and carried it around. The past few years before that I had an Erin Condren life planner. I felt it was better for throwing around and not worrying about ruining it. For 2017 I went back to it but tried the horizontal layout instead. It’s still in the box it was shipped in, sealed and all. I was thinking of doing a review on the planner. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in…..
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and holiday weekend! I can’t wait to see what deals everyone scored on Black Friday!
I LOVE abandoned buildings. I don’t know what it is, but whenever I pass one – I can’t help but wonder why it’s been abandoned and what spirits may be in there. Once I was in the Pismo Beach area and there is this beautiful 3 story white colonial house on a hill that’s been abandoned. The windows are boarded up and the paint is coming off. After driving by it few times, I finally drove to it so I could explore. Well, a big fence kept me out, but I asked a few locals about the story behind it. Supposedly the owner went completely crazy and put cement in all their pipes. Back when I was in my early 20’s, that was just the most fascinating thing ever. It’s probably not true whatsoever but when I’m in the area, I still always look for it and stare in awe at the mystery of its past.
Well, when I went looking for a place this weekend to take some photos – I stumbled upon what appears to be a few abandoned buildings and immediately fell in love! The sun was about to set, the buildings looked dilapidated and it turned out to be THE perfect backdrop from my Summer Trench photoshoot.
However, after walking around a bit – it looks like it’s just a strawberry and onion farm. The buildings probably aren’t really abandoned but it’s okay…
I wore this green trench vest in my Runaway Railroad post when I first started this blog, and it is still one of my favorite pieces to throw on to give my outfit that extra edge. My striped tank is from Madewell and I already own it in 3 colors. It’s the perfect tank to just throw on with some jeans and run errands. It’s long in the middle and short on the sides – the best cut in my opinion. AND it’s on SALE! Oh, and those pointy-toe heels? Great Italian leather at an even better price! Working in the shoe industry for a decade, I can tell you – there are some great brands out there who use really nice leather but assemble in China to keep the cost down. So don’t judge the quality just because of where they’re made.
I think I’m going to be living in this outfit for the rest of the summer – if only it would stop being over 90 degrees in Southern California…..
Outfit details: Trench Vest: Anthropologie (Similar) | Tank: Madewell | Jeans: Rag&Bone (Similar) | Shoes: Via Spiga | Handbag: Alexander Wang| Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: David Yurman | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Spring is here and that means maxi dresses and lots of color! It also means twirling and swirling when taking photos.
I got this maxi dress to wear to my birthday last year. I love how it can be dressed up or dressed down. I typically like to wear it with some flat sandals but the only problem is that the dress is a bit long on me – which makes it perfect for my wedges. Being fairly tall, it’s hard to find maxi dresses that are at a length to my liking. I like to have my maxi’s graze the floor which I know is gross but I just like the look of it. Oh for the sake of fashion….
I had to go to a 60th birthday party this weekend and I wasn’t quite sure if I was supposed to be dressed up or casual, so I picked something in between. I wore this maxi dress with a black leather jacket and some heels. How did I do? Well, let’s just say I probably should have picked something that was a bit more “party” but it’s okay. However, wearing this dress with a fun necklace and some wedges makes it perfect for Easter Sunday! Yes, I did wear this dress all weekend. Don’t act like you haven’t done that before….No judging allowed here.
Also, I’m watching “Pee-wee’s Big Holiday” on Netflix. Figured I would relive my childhood tonight. How did Pee-wee Herman not age AND why didn’t I know that Joe Manganiello was in this movie?!?!
Outfit details: Dress: Anthropologie | Jacket: H&M (similar) | Shoes: Stuart Weitzman | Handbag: Michael Kors | Necklace: Nordstrom | Sunglasses: Bobbi Brown | Bracelet: David Yurman | Watch: Michael Kors