I hope the everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! If you follow me on any of my social media, you would have seen that I went to Las Vegas this weekend. I had so much fun! Went to the Backstreet Boys concert at Planet Hollywood (AJ is still my favorite), ate at a lot of really good restaurants, won some money (even though I could have won more if I had stopped when I should have), and did some shopping! Spending some quality time with my friends is always a plus! I did realize this weekend that I am old. Seeing all the young 21 years olds in barely there clothing, super excited about clubbing and open bars made me realize…that’s definitely not me anymore.
Anyway, a few weekends ago I dragged my boyfriend to see the wildflowers in Lake Elsinore. He refused to go to Carlsbad to see the Flower Fields and Antelope Valley to see the Poppy Preserves. Well, I got him to go see the wildflowers off the 15. When we got there, we realized that we needed to do a bit of hiking. We were both not really prepared for that and I was in flip flops. Well, there are some sacrifices you must make for some decent photos.
After a bit of complaining from him, I eventually got him to hike to the wildflowers and take some pictures. Side note – The wildflowers in Lake Elsinore off the 15 freeway are really sporadic. It’s not a beautiful hill filled with them. However, I had a lot of fun hiking up the hill and stopping by Tom’s Farms on the way home. If you haven’t stopped by there before, definitely do it when you’re on your way back from San Diego.
Enjoy the photos!
Outfit details – Top: Madewell (similar)| Jeans: 7 for all Mankind | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Crossbody: Rebecca Minkoff (similar) | Watch: FitBit Charge 2 | Fitbit Band: Amazon
I love the holidays. I never used to. I used to hate it with a passion, but ever since I left retail/wholesale, I love November and December. A lot goes on during these two months including 2 whole weeks off for holiday break. Last weekend I went to our team holiday party. I have to say, I am very lucky to have a group of coworkers that I enjoy being around. I was a party animal and did not get home until 1am. We had a nacho bar, white elephant exchange, played King’s Cup and a whole lot of shenanigans that I can’t repeat (but may have been posted on Snapchat).
Anyway, this was my lovely outfit for the holiday party. My closet is not filled with red or green, but I do have this red flannel scarf and red lipstick that I love to wear during the holidays. I bought this scarf last year and it is the warmest, thickest scarf that I have. For these cold winter days we have been having in SoCal, it is the best! The red lipstick? I got it for free from NARS & Sephora for my birthday and it is one of the best reds for Asian skin tones ever. It’s called Cruella which is the best name for it. I paired these two with a comfortable, soft sweater, slim boyfriend jeans, slip-on Converse and I was good to go!
Also, some insider scoop for my readers out there. My favorite store Madewell has a ton of stuff on sale and they have been doing an additional percentage off on top of it! Start looking!
Outfit Details – Scarf: Madewell (similar is on sale!) | Sweater: Nordstrom | Jeans: Madewell | Shoes: Converse | Handbag: Goyard | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Watch: Michele (similar) | Lips: NARS
It seems like a lot of websites and stores are extending their Black Friday deals until Sunday. I am here to let you know what you can still get a great deal on this weekend, especially if you are like me and didn’t want to brave through the crowds at the malls.
- Nordstrom: They’re having a Designer Sale (up to 40% off), additional markdown on sale items, and new items on sale! Those brown Dolce Vita booties I wore in my last style post? Those are now under $100!!! No code necessary for the additional markdowns.
- Madewell: 25% off with code THATSALE on your entire purchase until Sunday! There are a few restrictions like the Transport tote bag I love, but for the most part, you can get 25% off. For example, my new favorite muscle tank from there? Select colors are on sale AND there’s the additional 25% off. The Billie Bootie that I have been wearing in a few of my style posts? Those are on sale too and under $180. Want the perfect flannel? It’s 25% off. My wallet is going to kill me! Must.Resist.
- Anthropologie: They’re doing a 30% off with code LETSGO for Black Friday. Not sure if this will be extended through Sunday. Looks like it is seeing as it’s still up on today. I love the dresses they have here. I mean c’mon, they have a “Dress Shop,” that’s reason enough to take a look at the extensive selection! They also have a wonderful House and Home area. Look at this cute cat mug I got recently for work!
- Sigma Beauty: They’re having 25% off and free worldwide shipping with code BLACKFRIDAY25. This may not be active for the weekend, so we will find out. If not, then I’m sure they will be doing something for Cyber Monday. I purchased the Spa Brush Cleaning Mat which I have heard a lot about on the beauty blogs. I try to clean my brushes at least once a month so this will hopefully make me do it a bit more often.
- JORD Wood Watches: They just extended their Black Friday Sale until Saturday at 11:59pm. Depending on the style of the watch you want, it’s 10-35% off. Unfortunately the Frankie that I have is completely sold out, but there’s the Frankie 35 that I just gifted and it’s the smaller version. Definitely stop by and take a look. I also have a link where you can sign up and get a $25 e-giftcard to use towards your purchase. Just click here! I absolutely love my JORD watch. It’s super light weight and I always get compliments on it each time I wear it.
- Erin Condren: Every year I buy a new planner. I prefer writing things down for my personal schedule and I love crossing things off. Last year I got a Emily Ley simplified planner because of the hourly time slots and the beautiful design. However, I found it too fragile for my everyday use. I put it in its own special bag and carried it around. The past few years before that I had an Erin Condren life planner. I felt it was better for throwing around and not worrying about ruining it. For 2017 I went back to it but tried the horizontal layout instead. It’s still in the box it was shipped in, sealed and all. I was thinking of doing a review on the planner. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in…..
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and holiday weekend! I can’t wait to see what deals everyone scored on Black Friday!
I have been super busy at work. One of my colleagues left for bigger and better things, which means I get to take over her old program. It has turned out to be quite fun since I like to be busy. Work hours pass by very quickly, but that also means that when I get home I just want to sit on the couch and watch tv. So, I have pledged $25 at my local Orangetheory Fitness to NOT gain weight this holiday season. If I gain weight, I donate the $25 to the local Alzheimer’s Association. Since my father has dementia, this obviously means a lot to me. They weighed me last week, which was a horrible experience. I hope I can exercise, eat somewhat health, and at least maintain my current weight. If you have any tips or want to workout with me, let me know!!!
I love this BP.Nordstrom green utility jacket. I have had it for a few years and in 2 other colors (navy and grey). I even bought it for my mom and sister, I loved it so much! It’s thin enough that I can wear it in LA’s warm weather and perfect for layering if it ever gets cold here. It’s perfect for that weekend casual look. I purchased the Dolce Vita booties when I was in Utah for work on sale, and now they’re on sale again! Lucky you! They’re incredibly comfortable right out of the box and I don’t have any tan booties, so I figured why not? There are a ton of good reviews on the website as well. If you’re looking for a new pair, you should definitely try these!
It’s Thanksgiving week which means that I only have to work 3 days. I can’t freaking wait! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, eats a ton of food, gets some great deals on Black Friday, and spends time with their loved one.
Until next time….
Outfit details – Jacket: BP. Nordstrom (similar) | Tank: Madewell (on sale!) | Jeans: CurrentElliot | Booties: Dolce Vita (on sale!) | Handbag: Madewell | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
There’s so much I want to tell you guys in this post.
- I went to Utah for work a few weeks back and scored some awesome deals at Madewell. Sleeveless shirts and tanks may not do well in SLC, but they definitely do in my closet!
- This shirt has tassels. Black ones at the bottom, that blend into my jeans. You can’t see them that well but know that they’re there and that they’re wonderful.
- I am obsessed with Charlotte Tilbury’s cosmetic line.
So let’s start at the beginning. While in Utah, I had 6 hours to kill before my flight back home. Everyone was suggesting I go walk around Temple Square in Salt Lake City. Of course, I found the mall across the street and every single store I went into just happened to be having killer sales. I scored this tassel top along with 2 other sleeveless peplum tops at an additional percentage off. Lucky for me, it’s still pretty toasty in Southern California so I can still rock sleeveless tops all through Fall. Oh the woes of living in LA.
Now let’s get to my Kim KW lipstick. I can’t get enough of the Pillow Talk lip liner and Kim KW lipstick combo. I have to say that I had my doubts, but seriously. This stuff is amazing and all the buzz? It’s true. It’s a bit pricey, but if you can splurge on just one lipstick and one lipliner, this is it! Charlotte Tilbury 2.0 Haul post is on it’s way. I’ll be showing swatches and reviewing this more in depth. Stay tuned!
Final note. If you like my black tassel top and don’t mind that it’s boxy and loose (and who actually minds that!?! hello fat shirt!) – it’s still available and on sale! You’re welcome.
Outfit Details Top: Madewell (sale!!!)| Jeans: CurrentElliot | Tote: Madewell | Booties: Madewell | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: David Yurman | Lip Color: Charlotte Tilbury Kim KW | Lip Liner: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Pillow Talk