It’s one of the most wonderful times of year! Did you know that Nordstrom sells more during this event than during the holidays? That’s insane! This year I was a bit more wise about what I spent my money on. It could be because I’m older, wiser, and have other bills to pay for. I was really looking for some trendy items that I didn’t want to spend full price on. Ready to see what I bought? Let’s get started….
- Asics Gel-Nimbus 19 Running Shoe | Nordstrom $119.90/after sale $159.95: Since I have been doing Orangetheory Fitness a few times a week, I have been having to replace my shoes every year or so. My current shoes are starting to loose the cushion so I figured this was a great time to buy some new ones. I love the color and Asics are great shoes. I have flat feet so I need a bit more support and these seem to do that. Can’t wait to try these on the treadmill!
- PUMA Leadcat Logo Slide Sandal | Nordstrom $25.90/after sale $39.95: I have been eyeing shoes like these for awhile. It’s been a huge trend. I would LOVE to get the GUCCI ones but adulting means making difficult choices. I do not NEED the Gucci ones. These black slides fit the bill and will get me to Soulcycle classes and back (which is exactly what I will be using them for). They run big – I am usually a 9/9.5 and got these in 8.5. FYI – they only run in half sizes.
- HALOGEN Button Back Ruffle Hem Dress | Nordstrom $64.90/after sale $99.00: Floral is such a huge trend right now. I have been looking for floral dress to possibly wear to a wedding in September. This might be it! The back button detail is adorable and I like the print. Pair this with some nude heels and I will be good to go! This runs tts.
- Current/Elliot The Stiletto High Waist Skinny Jeans | Nordstrom $131.90/after sale $218.00: I love high waisted jeans and I love ‘The Stiletto‘ style from Current/Elliot so this was almost a no brainer. The bottom has the step hem which is a trend I have been wanting to try. Can’t wait to wear these the rest of summer!
- Tory Burch Claire Ballerina Flat | Nordstrom $164.90/after sale $258.00-268.00: I’m always on the lookout for some good work flats. Gold is one of my favorite colors and TB flats are usually pretty good for my feet. Staple!
- Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head Set | Nordstrom $74.00/after sale $81.00: If you don’t own a Clarisonic, where have you been? It’ll break your skin out like a mofo in the beginning but after that, it’ll be smooth and clear. These brush head refills are expensive, so why not get them on sale?
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection | Nordstrom $115.00/beauty exclusive (brought in for the event): I love using a fragrance but I never finish them. The bottles are just way too big and I don’t spray enough. These little bottles are perfect and I get to try a few new scents that I haven’t tried before. This brand’s cologne’s are one of the only ones that don’t smell musky on me. A lot of the higher end fragrances have so many notes in them that they clash on me. These smell sweet and fresh!
Hope you enjoyed my list of purchases. Did you find anything at the Anniversary Sale that I need? TELL ME!!! Sale ends in a few weeks. Get shopping (with a Nordstrom card, of course!)!
Can you believe it? One year ago today I pressed “Publish” on my first post. One year has flown by so fast. It doesn’t feel like it’s been that long. That’s how you know I’ve been having fun with this thing. Yes, there are times when I don’t want to work on this (out of sheer laziness and sometimes life just gets in the way). But I have to say, at the end of the day…this is something I enjoy. Taking photos of beauty products, style photoshoots, and writing reviews is fun. Having people tell me that I inspired them to start their own blog, is fun. Having someone ask me for style/beauty advice because they saw my blog, is fun. Plus, it keeps me on my toes and makes me up to date with everything that is going on in the world of fashion and beauty. Without it, I would probably be a slob.
But enough about that milestone. Onto the style post!
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you know that it’s been raining non-stop here in Southern California. Well, the one day that it stopped (Saturday), you better believe I ran outside and started taking some photos. I’m wearing one of my favorite lip colors – MAC Rebel. It’s not a true red, but almost a purple/burgundy/red. Does that make sense? Anyway, it’s beautiful and I love it.
I got this turtleneck on sale at Anthropologie when they were having a super sale. It’s turned out to be one of those “I don’t know about you” purchases into a “I love you and I’m going to wear you as many times as I can!” purchases. I don’t have any turtlenecks and with the cold weather, it’s the best thing ever. Scarves are not needed when you have this on it’s so warm. Perfect for the weather we are having right now!
Outfit Details – Turtleneck: Anthropologie (on sale!) | Pants: CurrentElliot | Clutch: Gianni Chiarini | Booties: Rag&Bone (similiar) | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Watch: Michele (simliar) | Bracelet: David Yurman
There’s so much I want to tell you guys in this post.
- I went to Utah for work a few weeks back and scored some awesome deals at Madewell. Sleeveless shirts and tanks may not do well in SLC, but they definitely do in my closet!
- This shirt has tassels. Black ones at the bottom, that blend into my jeans. You can’t see them that well but know that they’re there and that they’re wonderful.
- I am obsessed with Charlotte Tilbury’s cosmetic line.
So let’s start at the beginning. While in Utah, I had 6 hours to kill before my flight back home. Everyone was suggesting I go walk around Temple Square in Salt Lake City. Of course, I found the mall across the street and every single store I went into just happened to be having killer sales. I scored this tassel top along with 2 other sleeveless peplum tops at an additional percentage off. Lucky for me, it’s still pretty toasty in Southern California so I can still rock sleeveless tops all through Fall. Oh the woes of living in LA.
Now let’s get to my Kim KW lipstick. I can’t get enough of the Pillow Talk lip liner and Kim KW lipstick combo. I have to say that I had my doubts, but seriously. This stuff is amazing and all the buzz? It’s true. It’s a bit pricey, but if you can splurge on just one lipstick and one lipliner, this is it! Charlotte Tilbury 2.0 Haul post is on it’s way. I’ll be showing swatches and reviewing this more in depth. Stay tuned!
Final note. If you like my black tassel top and don’t mind that it’s boxy and loose (and who actually minds that!?! hello fat shirt!) – it’s still available and on sale! You’re welcome.
Outfit Details Top: Madewell (sale!!!)| Jeans: CurrentElliot | Tote: Madewell | Booties: Madewell | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: David Yurman | Lip Color: Charlotte Tilbury Kim KW | Lip Liner: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Pillow Talk
Outfit Details – Jacket: Casting LA (similar from TOPSHOP)| Tank: Madewell | Jeans: Current/Elliot | Shoes: Via Spiga | Handbag: Alexander Wang | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Watch: JORD
I cannot tell you how long I have waited to wear all black again. Summer is cool and all, but the light and bright colors just ain’t my thing. What is my thing is ALL BLACK. #alldayeveryday
No, but seriously…I love black. You can ask my coworkers. I wear black probably 4 out of the 5 days that I work. I wear it so much people probably think I wear the same exact outfit every single day. Black just makes you look put together, chic and did I mention slimmer? Who doesn’t love that?
I was in Little Tokyo during the summer and my good friend who I stole this dress from, was looking at a green bomber. I had always wanted a BLACK bomber – so hence, that’s how I got this nifty little jacket. I have been waiting so long to wear it and now, I can wear it! It’s supposed to “rain” today in LA. Do I believe it is going to “rain?” No, but you can bet that I will be wearing boots and this bomb ass bomber!
Also, I must mention that I am wearing my new Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl. I will be doing a review very soon on the items I bought during my haul, but it’s my new Fall Lip Color and I love it!
Don’t forget that there is still time to enter my JORD Wood Watch Giveaway! It ends in 6 days on 09.18.16. Click HERE to enter!
I had all of last week off from work and it was the best staycation ever! I got my hair cut by my new favorite @hairbyliaa, went to LACMA with my girl friends, ate a LOT of great food in LA, went to Universal Studios for Harry Potter Land, and celebrated a good friend’s birthday. It was a very eventful and I do not want to go back to work! Who else feels my pain? *raise your hand!*
Now on to my outfit…I had been looking for a pair of cool sneakers for awhile – about a year to be exact. I finally decided on these white Converse “Shoreline” Slip-ons. I have a few problems with my feet which makes shoe shopping difficult. They’re big and narrow! I cannot just pick any ol’ shoe and stick it on without having to double check to make sure that I don’t look like I have clown feet! These are incredibly comfortable (I wore them pretty much all last week!), they run half a size large for me (so I had to size down), and they look great with just about anything (hello all black)! The only problem – how will I keep them clean?
Outfit details: Top: Madewell | Shirt: Halogen | Jeans: Current Elliot | Shoes: Converse | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Handbag: Chanel Rectangular Mini (Sold Out) | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: David Yurman